Snack time can be dangerous. You’re hungry, short on time, and vulnerable to unhealthy, processed food. The next time you’re tempted to reach for chips or cookies, try one of these healthy alternatives instead!
1. Greek yogurt with berries. I like to add honey for a little razzle dazzle 🥴. Greek yogurt is high in protein, and honey and berries are one of the best sources of antioxidants around.
2. Fruit and peanut butter. I prefer golden delicious apples, but to each their own.
3. Fruit and cottage cheese. I like to do peaches and cottage cheese but be sure it is "100% juice".
4. Honey covered strawberries. If you have been following long enough, you've seen how often I eat this with my pb sammies. Absolutely delicious.
5. Dark chocolate and almonds. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants, and almonds are a rich source of healthy fats.
6. Protein drink and a banana or apple. I am a huge fan of CorePower's Protein drinks, specifically the chocolate flavor.
7. Rice cake topped with peanut butter and fruit.
What’s your favorite on-the-go healthy snack? Tell me what I missed!